CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Ann: Company Update and Request for Extension of Suspension, page-69

1. 641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    WD, if you can get CGB to provide the public with a business plan I will personally invest in you to start up a PI agency!

As far as I can recall, the closest they ever got to showing a 'business plan' was a prospectus outline of a few generic categories outlining where CR funds would go to years ago. And never an update on this spending because, as you can see in one of my previous posts, they did not spend where they committed to. Pity it's only a guideline on use of funds otherwise shareholders would have recourse on management for misrepresentation.

Not even so much as a 'we expect XX years to profitability, which is then projected to be XX profit per year in the current environment based on XX grown/produced per annum' or mention of a comparative to a budget in any reporting released (quarterly or otherwise) that I have seen.

Yet, the most interesting part to me of this latest announcement was the 'quantifying' of changing auditors. They must have had a budget for that since there is mention of the cost.

I know dealing with accountants, auditors and lawyers from when I have had to that they give you an agreement up front. The costs go up if either (a) there is extra work to be done that isn't included initially/is uncovered later or (b) you are the one causing extra work requirements. Couple this with the fact the auditors are required to sign off on annual reporting (which hasn't been released) and you have a real cause for concern.. is the parting solely based on fees? Is the reporting hold up due to auditor refusing to sign off?

This is not to say that the reasoning may not be legitimate.. but it's very odd for a small ASX listed entity to disclose such a particular of the situation. It wouldn't be concerning if the reporting was up to date though.

The Thai plan can work, and I hope it does, but as has been highlighted by others it's not just a case of printing money. You could get on the wrong side of a select group of people over there and the operation could go down the drain very quickly.

As an example - a colleague of mine had a family member over there on holiday and locals kidnapped them. 6 figures of funds later they got released, only for it to happen a second time shortly after (they hadn't even made it to the airport to get out) because they then knew the family had money.

Now, imagine you're a foreign owned Cannabis operation with millions of stock on the ground there. Financial modelling is great, but doesn't reflect human risk to the full extent either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.