BCB 5.56% 1.7¢ bowen coking coal limited

Ann: Completion of sale by BCB 10% of Broadmeadow East Mine, page-15

1. 3,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    Yeah, at the end of 2023 in the Half yearly they said Taurus facility was US$51 m and US $44 m drawn. There was a cyclonic rain event in January and the cyclone forced all bulkers out to sea for a week or three and add to that substantial reduction in haulage from holiday season rail availability. BCB built up a non hauled but washed stack of coal at the wash plant or loader amounting to three ship loads (25 rail shipments?),which put a great strain on working capital after the big royalty bite from the bloodsuckers in Brisbane. It looks like they had to draw the undrawn US $7 m. balance to get them through the lack of budgeted income in the quarter. The fact that this balance still stood at US $51 million until the share of Broadmeadow was sold, looks like they still have a big backlog of unshipped coal.
    DBCT loader is running at is capacity, 85 mtpa?, so it may be difficult to find new slots to shift the coal? Looks like there is a bottleneck to me, but maybe I have missed something. Given that there have been major cyclonic events in January for two years in a row it looks like this should be more or less planned for. The fire at Anglo/Moranbah may free up some rail and port capacity but l;likely everybody will want to grab it somehow?
    All this would be much less of a worry if those clowns in Brisbane had not put the stranglers on everybody to pay for their ridiculous big noting Olympic folly, but not much can be done about it just now. Its the old story about killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
-0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $47.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.6¢ $40.07K 2.299M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1531187 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 2219122 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.15pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.