FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Come on mate... Have you actually done any research? They have...

1. 1,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    Come on mate... Have you actually done any research? They have 300 trucks a day running the Dakar-Bamako route.

Dangote Cement transport 6,000 tonnes from Dakar to Bamako per month. They are currently in talks with the Malian government about restoring the Dakar-Bamako rail line (DBF)

But to bring you right up to speed, the French just conducted a meeting with Senegal and Mali transport ministers 11 days ago in regards to financing the restoration of the Dakar-Bamako rail line.

http://malijet.com/a_la_une_du_mali...inistère-français-de-l-europe-et-des-aff.html

"The Malian Minister of Economy and Finance, Dr. Boubou CISSÉ and that of Infrastructures, Land Transport and Disenclavement of Senegal Mr. Abdoulaye Daouda DIALLO were gathered this Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Paris, by Mr. Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary to the French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in the offices of the Ministry.

The Minister CISSE was accompanied for the occasion by Mr. Moulaye Ahmed BOUBACAR, Minister of Transport and Disenclavement. The purpose of this meeting was to finance the rehabilitation of the Dakar-Bamako railway line. The meeting took place in the presence of Mr. Balla Oumar Cissé, Second Counselor at the Embassy of Mali in Paris."

IMO I believe the transport review conducted by Ridgehill Resources for the PFS was flawed in that they only appeared to deal with Bollore who only have a consession for the ro-ro terminal in Dakar (mainly vehicles) so make of that what you will. IMO they would have been biased towards Abidjan due to them being able to control essentially the whole logistics chain as they operate the port and the rail in the Ivory Coast.

In any case, I believe there are huge savings to be made on transport costs over the LOM.

Don't take my word for any of this though, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.