SPL 0.00% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

"Remember though the SP Floor will be $0.085 based off cash in...

1. 583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    "Remember though the SP Floor will be $0.085 based off cash in bank."

LOL, there is no SP floor.

If a company looks like it will burn through all its cash without ever becoming profitable, it will eventually go belly-up, and the SP might go to zero long before. Holders will race to dump their shares before they become worthless, even if the company still has cash in the bank. Cash at bank is not available to shareholders. It is available for salaries and directors fees and other company expenses. Burn, baby, burn.

The reality is that several large holders are reducing their holdings. Presumably because of a significant possibility that SPL might never become profitable and might never become an attractive t/o target. With so many tens of millions of shares possibly earmarked for dumping, realistically the SP could be pushed down close to zero at any time.

The whole DEP thing looks increasingly like SPL is just a hobby pharma. Decades of of interesting projects, and always lots of negotiations, but never any substantial income. Progress is probably too slow to generate any significant revenue before the cash at bank runs out in a few years. In my opinion, if DEP was going to happen then it would have happened long ago. I will be very happy if SPL proves me wrong about this and gets some cash out of DEP.

I think that Viraleze offers some hope for shareholders. I think that the pending trial results will probably have a substantial impact on the SP, one way or the other. If the results are good, then for financial reasons I think that SPL needs to rearrange its priorities. And I think that the big shareholders need to put pressure on SPL to do this. Otherwise, many holders may regard even excellent results as immaterial and will try to get out on the spike.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.7¢ 9.6¢ $19.27K 199.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 55559 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 239 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.