DXB 3.81% 54.5¢ dimerix limited

Ann: Dimerix Announces License Agreement for EU, Canada, ANZ, page-376

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Hi Geffa,

I think Ozempic is a bit of a wonder drug, and from a clinical perspective I have seen amazing results from some of patients on it (I don’t work in Diabetes). It is in extremely short supply, because Drs have been prescribing it off label for weight loss reasons & horrifyingly it’s become a bit of a trend with the Instagram crowd who could probably just exercise & eat right to lose weight. These people can afford to buy the injector pens off label (ie non-PBS use) and the poor diabetics who can’t get their scripts filled have suffered.

The Govt have now told GPs no more off label scripts for weight loss, just glycaemic control for diabetes. I think for morbidly obese people, this drug is VERY helpful and it also is helpful for things like PCOS in women with poly cystic ovaries with insulin resistance going hand in hand. Metformin was the treatment for that prior.

It’s an expensive drug without PBS subsidy, and while it’s helpful for diabetics & progression of DKD, it’s not going to be accessible globally anytime soon. It’s very convenient to dose weekly with a subcutaneous injection in the tummy (so patients need education from nursing staff how to do this safely at home). I have also read there may be some increased cancer risks with Ozempic, so it may not be for everyone. It definitely should not be for women of a normal weight who just want to change their appearance to keep up with Instagram. I think Ozempic has replaced cocaine (illicit) as the go to drug. There is no a black market for Ozempic, and you would be crazy to buy it online, as fake drugs and people have ended up in ICU. Interesting Space isn’t it? I hope that helps, not for FSGS (at the moment).
    Last edited by Owl vs Fox: 05/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.5¢
Change
0.020(3.81%)
Mkt cap ! $286.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 55.5¢ 50.5¢ $905.5K 1.730M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 30453 54.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 99911 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DXB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.