PLS 1.64% $3.00 pilbara minerals limited

Hey friends, great announcement and shows that it's not just...

1. 241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Hey friends, great announcement and shows that it's not just those digging the lithium up that sees the long term demand.

Im so sorry for the question I'm about to ask, prepare yourselves, it's so effing stupid. Nah I'm not gonna ask. Nah ok I will here goes.. *deep breath*

How does (if at all) this announcement (or any future time where PLS is supplying the Li to old mates over in China) influence the market price of lithium? The actual dollar value at any point in time. Or any offtake agreement for that matter?

Would it not move the needle at all because the buyer (Chengxin) no longer has demand for lithium because it has just locked in its supply? Or is them locking in supply now equivalent to demand in and of itself?

I can see how the spot market would impact this "I need Li now" and the negotiations begin to reflect the maximum the buyer is willing to pay and the minimum a seller is willing to receive AT THAT TIME, but how do these offtake, agreements in advance move the price? What moves that magic number?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.00
Change
-0.050(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $9.029B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.03 $3.06 $3.00 $41.07M 13.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
97 622937 $3.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.01 580 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.