LTR 3.83% 95.0¢ liontown resources limited

I would be interested in other posters' views about the...

1. 3,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2602
    I would be interested in other posters' views about the following quote from the announcement... @Scarpa@anatol@Process1 or indeed other contributions are welcome.

"Full nameplate production of 3Mtpa is expected by theend of Q1 CY2025 with lithium recoveries expected to be optimised over the next 12-to-18-month period."

My take on it is that through this period the company will continually review the outcomes - of quality versus quantity versus recoveries - so that they can optimise the profitability of the scenarios. It was clearly stated at the last AGM that the intention/aim was to produce 6% concentrate. That is in spite of the possible capability of producing a higher grade at a still robust recovery rate. I may be "gilding the lily" to say this, but I imagine if all goes well, the potential recovery rate for high spec (for deleterious elements) 6% concentrate might be possible at higher recoveries than the forecast 78%-82%...say 85%? If that happens to deliver more bottom line benefit than producing say 6.3% concentrate, or perhaps higher spec output, then that is how they will set up the plant for "steady state" production.

What I do not think it means is that they have any doubt about achieving their targeted recovery at around 80% for SC6 from the getgo.

Regards
    DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.035(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $2.303B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 98.0¢ 91.0¢ $33.31M 35.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 124060 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.5¢ 170420 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.