MFG 1.69% $11.45 magellan financial group limited

I don’t have a problem with what you are presenting. When you...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    I don’t have a problem with what you are presenting.
    When you are comparing to world indexes or VT(vanguard world index), aren’t we falling into same trap we have discussed before.
    1. One year figures includes the period where MFG did very badly for hanging on to 20% cash for long time and where there was artificial boost from stimulus from governments and central banks.
    2.VT also has similar portfolio like GQG with emerging market investments. We discussed the risk that can pop up during global stabilities. Covid period was one but MFG took the option of having cash and also not benefiting stimulus as mentioned above.
    Unfortunately MFG last year underperformance is embedded in 3, 5 or 10 year performance. Still it was only one year’s performance which caused all these issues.
    Investors are supposed to look forward and the portfolio of MFG is doing well from March 21 onwards.
    Last night was another great day, I have not done the numbers yet, but it looks like going over 119B.
    I agree with all other stuff about handling of CEO leaving.
    At the end of the day performance, performance, performance that matters for investors to stay onboard. Once the cloud from Covid impact underperformance is cleared, it will be back to performance of which ever the fund which is doing better for longer period. All other management issues like CEO leaving will be forgotten.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.