CXO 4.40% 9.5¢ core lithium ltd

Ann: Gold Nuggets and High-Grades at New 1600m Bynoe Target, page-158

1. 7,399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1106
    Tacair, as always, a very well-thought-out and expressed contribution and I can't disagree with your reasoning. There are one or two comments I'll make, though. Firstly, (as you know) shares only have to be held for twelve months to get the 50% CGT discount, so a person could have traded part of their holding numerous times over the past four years, but at this point, now seeing the end game coming to fruition, only has to hold all till the end of next year to get the full discount. Secondly, from my perspective it can be soul destroying holding a stock and being almost perpetually $20,000+ underwater, so to use part of the holding to take advantage of the rare upwards spikes and then buy back in lower at least brings in cash to offset the overall underwater position. In my own case, while down, say, $20,000 I could at least tot up my gains along the way and draw comfort from the fact that I was really, say, only $5,000 out of pocket. A good example was in about July this year when I sold a batch for 5.5c on a gold rockchip announcement that was only ever going to be food for day traders before quickly re-tracing, as indeed it did to allow me to buy back in the mid 4s soon after. Both financially and psychologically that gave me a huge boost whereas If I'd let it go it would've taunted me for days thinking how stupid I was not to take advantage of the gift. Then, as I stated above, had I so chosen to do, I could then have held all till July next year to qualify for full CGT disc.

Having both a fixed holding and a trading parcel certainly isn't for everybody and as you correctly say, there is always the chance of stepping off the train and not being able to get back on as it speeds away. In CXO's case there are several potential catalysts that could catch the trader out over the coming few months and to be honest the trading parcel idea is probably less wise from this point on than it was over the past four years. For myself I currently only have a tiny holding now compared to that which I did hold so trading with it still makes good sense as if it goes wrong and the SP rockets away I have very little to lose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.004(4.40%)
Mkt cap ! $203.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.7¢ 9.0¢ $1.159M 12.43M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 108798 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 637615 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.