MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

From the report:-On 16 December 2020, the Company made a...

1. 8,562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2881
    From the report:-

On 16 December 2020, the Company made a formal
    submission to the ASX which included a shareholder meeting seeking approval of various
    resolutions the aim of which is to have MEC readmitted to trading status. The Company remains
    in discussions with the ASX and awaiting a reply from the ASX. The shares in MEC Resources
    remain suspended from trading.

The proposed meeting referred to was a General Meeting to ratify a placement and rights issue for the purpose of repaying the debt owed to Advent and to re-capitalise the company, paving the way to re-instatement. The General Meeting was to be held on the same day as the AGM for expediency and to save the company admin costs. The ASX did not approve the proposed agenda, so the General Meeting did not take place, so the company remains suspended. To this date, no explanation has been given for why the ASX knocked the agenda back. Only the board of MMR and the ASX know why the agenda didn't get approved, and what needs to be amended to enable it to happen. If it can be sorted, a General Meeting will need to be called. If the problem is insurmountable, an alternative solution will need to be identified. I don't hold, but for the sake of those who do, I hope this gets fixed up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.