PGH 0.61% 82.0¢ pact group holdings ltd

Just received a phone call from Kin Group (or moreover a...

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Just received a phone call from Kin Group (or moreover a telemarketing firm they have contracted to do the dirty work) reading me a script spelling all the doom and gloom, and advising me - in quite strong terms - to take up the offer, and finally asking me if I will. Obviously, I gave them some thorough feedback as to why I won't be taking their offer.

What is grinding my gears is:
    1. How have they access to my private number? I have provided my details to my registry for use by the registry and the companies I hold. Kin Group is a 3rd party. I do not hold any interest in them, nor do I believe they have any reason to access my private information. Whilst our chairman has joint interests, Kin Group are not Pact Group and they are not accessing that data on behalf of Pact Group... they are just another shareholder. I'm sure any of us here ringing the registry and asking for the personal details of other shareholders would be denied that information... so how has it been provided to Kin Group? I guess I would need to go back through the registry's privacy statement to verify this claim.
    2. They are ringing and providing unsolicited financial advice.
    3. This is tantamount to phone scammers, making unsolicited calls and trying to scare people out of their investments making implications, presented as fact. Claims such as "had Kin Group not made the offer the share price would have fallen further" cannot be proven one way or the other as it has never happened. I'm sure some people who have found themselves in possession of PGH shares and don't really know why or what to do with them will be scared into handing them over to, potentially to their financial detriment... how is this any different to phone scamming?

I am tempted to lodge a complaint with ASIC and the registry, although I'm sure they will do nothing about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
82.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $282.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
82.0¢ 84.0¢ 80.5¢ $28.63K 34.91K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11752 82.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.5¢ 7708 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.