BPT 2.24% $1.48 beach energy limited

etherazer, I understand your points. However, what I was trying...

1. 351 Posts.
    etherazer, I understand your points. However, what I was trying to convey is different. I meant to say, if Australia can pose such restrictions to our own mining companies, then imagine the things that can happen in some other country where the government is never stable and is surrounded by countries that are prone for violence.

You also spoke about Australia's history. This Australia is the way it is now because of the convicts who were brought into this country. Of course, the convicts were followed by legitimate people through immigration. But without convicts, there was no reason for the British people to come and settle here in mass numbers in the first place. I don't need to know anything else beyond this as the Aboriginal people lived off the land and was never going to be instrumental in any industrial revolution. Without the White settlement, this place would be another Africa (With all the natural resources in tact - LOL)

The various tax that the government implements are there for a reason. The govt wouldn't propose things without considering the merits of the issue. I am not supporting any govt as I never follow politics. The govt probably knows that the companies can afford such tax and that's why they bring in the law I believe.

The high inflow of foreign companies are the major reason for most of the tax introduction. They want to explore soon, destroy farm and take whatever they get from this country. This attracts plenty of unwanted media coverage and the government has to act in a way that will safeguard the people's interest. The taxes are a good way to protect our national interest I think.

Aminex and Tullow Oil are not big market cap companies and hence they have to take risk to earn big. How can this be an example of big oilers being prepared to risk their money? Where are the big market players like BP, Shell, BHP, Petrochina, ExxonMobil etc.

If you have to discuss more, I don't think we will ever come to any conclusion.

I would like to be pardoned if my views are wrong in any way. I am just expressing my opinions and they may be damn stupid at times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.033(2.24%)
Mkt cap ! $3.382B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.45 $1.49 $1.45 $3.112M 2.116M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 197358 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 155138 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.51pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.