NST 1.44% $14.08 northern star resources ltd

Well it can happen at any time and the longer it takes the worse...

1. 643 Posts.
    Well it can happen at any time and the longer it takes the worse it is going to be. Now if anybody could predict precisely the timing of market moves they would be billionaires.

A cursory look at the real global economies such as USA, China and many in Europe, looking at the fundamentals (not MSM politician propaganda) show they are all dancing on the edge of a blade, China is at a crossroads on how it is going to proceed as well. And I mean look at the real debt, trade, etc data. Or the share market in the US where companies are more and more turning to large buy backs to bolster share price and so on and so forth.

Have a look at DeutschBank on the verge, Lehman x 100. Look at the real unemployment in the USA (numbers actually out of work rather than a rate using 1976 participation rates). And other banks.
    Of course there is Greece (but don't forget Spain and Portugal are in the exact same boat! and it will be their turn to be Greece next)

The thing is when the floor drops you wont be able to make it to the door first.

I made a nice quick profit with NST before, and got out. But still hold a good amount of gold and silver bullion.

Now the real danger with NST (check history right back to the 1970s) is that when markets correct severely all stocks get hit, no matter how good they are.

I have a good amount of dry powder waiting for opportunities. Reuters set the limits for NST at 2.50 and 1.71 low. So at the moment they are mid way between. I have a buy in price around $1.80 as I think that would be achievable in any full market correction. If it doesn't get there I don't really care. I'm safe and generating income from various sources.

In normal circumstances NST would be a good no worries hold, where you could buy the dips, sell the rises or simply hold.

I have no time for 'optimism' or things that don't take into account the sea in which shares like NST have to swim. Also when liquidity freezes as it did in the past, money becomes scarce, things get sold in the search for cash, and at discount. And so forth as described before.

People really should be researching global economies and banks as much as their favourite shares in this environment.

So most definitely stand by my predication, which is that of many major economist and analysists globally, not to mention former heads of the NY Fed. Wasn't it Bernanke who said rates would not rise in his liftime. I guess with $18 trillion in debt and $100+ trillion in unfunded liabilities the US has the USD keeps hold of its reserve currency status, without which (and major navy) it would be peso.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.08
Change
0.200(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $16.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.97 $14.25 $13.82 $65.72M 4.670M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65564 $14.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.10 601 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.