PAA 0.00% 20.0¢ pharmaust limited

Hi UK,Like Lastly, your question had me intrigued. We know it's...

1. 276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 368
    Hi UK,

Like Lastly, your question had me intrigued. We know it's history, but why the name?
    It got me down the Google rabbit-hole to research further.
    The naming of molecules and compounds is strictly regulated according to a set of protocols by the WHO.
    Below is the link to "The use of stems in the selection of International Nonproprietary Names (INN) for pharmaceutical substances",

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=WHO+stem+book+2018

If the link does not work, just Google "WHO Stem Book 2018" to bring it up.

Scroll down through the lists to "anthelminthics (undefined group)".
    Here you will see the suffix -antel is used to designate drugs in the anthelminthic category. It looks like there are 17 other drugs in this category.

I have yet to research the origin of Monep as the prefix, but I'm guessing it will be along similar lines. Only certain combinations of letters are permitted in the naming of molecules and compounds.

At the end of the book under Annex 6, there is an explanation of the naming protocols. Summary in brief:

Since the number of drug substances being registered during the last decades is constantly increasing, there is a strong need to ensure the identification of each pharmaceutical compound by a unique, universally available and accepted name. The existence of an international nomenclature system for pharmaceutical products is crucial for the clear identification, safe prescription and dispensing of medicines to patients, and for communication and exchange of information among health professionals and scientists worldwide.An International Nonproprietary Name (INN) identifies a pharmaceutical substance by a unique name that is globally recognized and is public property. A nonproprietary name is also known as a generic name. Generic names are intended to be used in pharmacopoeias, labeling, advertising, drug regulation and scientific literature.

As tempting as it sounds, there is no Dr Pantel.

Hopefully, by this time next year shareholders will be calling it "Money-pantel".

Cheers, Thrifty

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.