LMG 0.00% 4.3¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Ann: LMG selects Malaysia for its 100,000tpa magnesium plant, page-51

1. 4,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    Hi Kenco
    I think what I read in your question is that you believe the Middle East to be still in play. The Middle East could come along further down the line, perhaps in years.

But for now and most importantly, Malaysia has the goods.

The selection of Malaysia for the 100,000tpa has some other juicy bits that clearly identified Malaysia as the preference.

In the release

"Sarawak, Malaysia, was a clear leader"
    " Highlights: Latrobe Magnesium Board approved Samalaju, in the state of Sarawak in Malaysia, for the location of its 100,000tpa project."

A quick read translates to 'Malaysia has been selected for 100,000tpa plant but that would be a very basic.

But if we break the announcement down futher, we see:

"Sufficient hydropower to meet LMG’s energy needs"
    (This is massive! The Sarawak River has three major hydro dams in sequence along the Sarawak River. The need for LMG to have clean, economic and reliable power is a major accomplishment! I believe LMG could have expressed this with much greater fanfare.

"Potential to be produced with zero net emissions on a life cycle analysis basis." "with the process plant operating with net zero emissions immediately after commissioning." (A highly relevant statement for the aspirations of LMG'S Zero CO2.)

Advanced discussions have been held with Ministry officials and authorities in Sarawak about securing suitable land for the project,"

(Why are they advanced?)

Advanced enough for the authorities to ear tag the land and for "Latrobe Magnesium to immediately commence the land application process to secure the (40 hectare site location).

" LMG has received favourable reactions in discussions with financiers in relation to funding the project in Sarawak."

Favourable discussions, could mean a great party is planed to have a chin wag...

I think the favourable discussions in Malaysia were a follow-up from the last meeting in 2022 that LMG had with Jasper Consultancy and potential JV or Off-take investors.

"The selected location offers Latrobe Magnesium the opportunity to deliver a project that will offer significant returns to shareholders"

There is more happing here than we are aware of.

Once LMG Demonstrate at scale, I firmly believe the entire business environment for both LMG and shareholders will drastically change.

The donstration plant will be running for 6 months and within that time, the building of the 10,000+plant will have begun. The science/process has been proven for both fly ash and ferro nickel slag. LMG are demonstrating at scale for the very purpose of building major investor confidence.

The sky is not falling Henrahan

Regards
    Ken
    Last edited by kengaroo: 30/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $99.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 4.2¢ $20.20K 474.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 338326 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 1098555 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.