CDX 0.00% 6.4¢ cardiex limited

Here is a review article I found interesting, mainly focused on...

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Here is a review article I found interesting, mainly focused on Apple Watch:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.tomsguide.com/amp/opinion/why-im-not-buying-the-apple-watch-7-or-any-smartwatch-this-year

TraderP, thanks for the article this morning from the AFR on Apple vs Samsung. Some things this author may not be aware of:

1. The radial artery at the point of the wrist IS used for constant blood pressure monitoring via an ART line in critical care (ie ICU) & is measured by a small catheter inserted into the wrist which gives real time changes via monitoring on telemetry. So it’s not a terrible place to measure BP at all, it depends on the technology being used & the need for it.

2. ECG monitoring & Atrial Fibrillation.

Sinus rhythm is normal & that’s what we want to see. Something reasonably common though is paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. This is often picked up inadvertently on a 24 hour cardiac monitor, where a patient may be in sinus rhythm & will have runs of AF (or A-fib) & revert back to sinus rhythm. This is a danger, because this is when pooled blood is in the atria that is not pumping normally, can develop clots that can cause major cardiovascular events, such as heart attack, stroke or pulmonary embolus (clots in the lung). Then rhythm revert back to sinus & those clots are then pumped out..

There are a number of cardiac arrhythmias that aren’t dangerous and some that are. A question is, can this affect monitoring on a smart watch?

So wearing the 2 watches at the same time, I would be questioning which is more accurate? The last thing you want from health monitoring from a watch is inaccurate data & to cause you unnecessary anxiety, but if the A-fib kept happening randomly, I’d get this checked out.

You have to take into account artefact as well on readings. Even hospital ECG machines can be affected by artefact. In my experience, patient movement, hearing aids, alternating anti-pressure air mattresses (electric) can affect a good trace. Just a few examples.

Technology is advancing rapidly. I think the reviews like this AFR one, “take it all with a grain of salt” well no. Given all the more reason to appreciate that CardieX have gone to the FDA for wearables.

That’s one of the reasons I invested here, they are doing things right…not the easiest path, but you want to have faith in any smart watch you buy, particularly for people monitoring their health parameters.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.2¢ $3.9K 62.42K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5322 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.