SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Hmm according to the union article only a few days ago (7/2/18)...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    Hmm according to the union article only a few days ago (7/2/18) Slater PR people promised in The Australian that no jobs would be cut. I cant read this due to a paywall but the extract in google seems to back this up:
    "No plan to cut jobs, says law firm Slaters - The Australian"
    "Troubled law firm Slater & Gordon has denied it is about to unveil plans for big job cuts following a review of operations. ... The Slaters review triggered speculation as to whether the firm would withdraw from some practice areas. ... Slater & Gordon, which was the world’s first listed ..."
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...63b60ddb0fbf&usg=AOvVaw0p6JSGGX4rVSE4LTDpOipJ

Either the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or these people were lying. (or perhaps there's nuance in the article detail that I'm unaware of).

While job cuts were to be expected Slater's new bosses seem to be doing a very poor job of managing this. I would have thought they would have planned all this out in advance when they bought the place (isn't buying distressed firms their bread and butter?) They should have all the comms plans smashed out and be operating on autopilot - but instead it looks like a mess.

Strange.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.