EXT 12.5% 0.7¢ excite technology services ltd

Ann: Market Update, page-58

1. 33 Posts.
    DH I commend your research and logic you have certainly identified one/two possible outcome scenarios.

A quick skim of the Dfuze products appears to indicate they are supplying a series of data management tools designed for use in a Command and Control situation, they talk about counter IED intelligence analysis, safe sharing of live drone feeds for front-line operations and have a testimonial from the head of the Hungarian bomb squad, I think it would be safe to rule these guys out as competitors.

Egosecure, after a quick look at their URL, appears to provide some overlapping functions although one of their key claims to fame is the managing and analysis of data flow within an organisation right down to the device level, pretty sure this is not a Covata feature.

If we review the original POC announcement there were to be 3 agencies included, CPS, Revenue and Customers(Customs - typo for sure) and NCA, National Crime Authority and the focus was on protecting/securing sensitive digital information, likely to be used in the prosecution process by the Crown Prosecution Service. In others words if Customs sends a surveillance video to the CPS for use in a prosecution case how do they prevent the defence team from claiming, "M'lord that footage has been altered"

Using Safe Share the CPS would be able to claim integrity of the file data, as it had been encapsulated from birth with a super secure and unique encryption key and here is the audit trail to prove it. This would be applied to all relevant digital data transferred between between these agencies and legal firms. I also suggest that the original data might simply be uploaded into a Covata managed secure cloud dataroom, with the same level of security applied at the data level, hence there would be minimal actual transfers of data and a comprehensive audit trail. All of the above is just my best guess of what they were trying to achieve and it could well be wrong.

So, that said I suggest Covata did not lose out to a competitor but they lost out to the process by which the CPS chose to ensure sensitive digital data security, rather than secure the data at the data level(Covata Style) CPS may have simply chosen a secure email solution? just more speculation maybe

but just as DH said if they were beaten by the process then the product and technology can hold their heads high and will live to fight more well chosen battles

(I will also add a lot of government departments look at technology from time to time and actually end up doing nothing)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $11.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.6¢ $8.573K 1.172M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 664470 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 4324350 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.24pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.