MP1 0.42% $11.72 megaport limited

I think it makes sense. Megaport's success depends on both scale...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I think it makes sense. Megaport's success depends on both scale and network effects. The network effect is what Amazon is executing well. The more participants, the more benefits to customers and the bigger the customer base which self fulfils and adds value to MP1. Console would significantly add to this. It all depends on the price that would be paid for the deal. As you said Bevan and Simon Moore are the best in the business and would get an ideal outcome.

The position for investors should be to hold MP1 for the long term. Quarterly results should be used to gauge that all is heading in the right direction but not much else at this stage. Let the MP1 team get the fabric/infrastructure set and wait for demand to arrive in a build it and they will come approach (fortunately in this business model it pretty cost effective to do so). I'm tipping software-defined networking to explode just before 2020.

MP1 is relatively small on the ASX and the way the article was written suggests to me that it may have been placed from MP1s PR department to picque interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MP1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.72
Change
-0.050(0.42%)
Mkt cap ! $1.869B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.75 $11.82 $11.62 $8.142M 694.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2183 $11.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.73 863 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MP1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.