NZK 6.52% 24.5¢ new zealand king salmon investments limited

Maybe my personal biases are getting in the way, but I see a lot...

1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Maybe my personal biases are getting in the way, but I see a lot to bullish about here. The product is exceptional and the marketing is spot on. I have great faith in the business model and it seems like the Oregon Group, the main shareholder at 40%, has similar faith. However they have clearly held the board over a bucket with the current raising price. Climatic events are something that every aqua/agricultural company has to endure and the company needs to find investors/financiers who understand this and can take a few bad years in the short term. It will be interesting to see which major shareholders take up their rights and go in for shortfall, for me this will be the strongest indication if the company has a future as a public enterprise.

I have taken up my rights and bought on market in the lead-up to the record date. The market has priced in the risk and we now have a stock with net tangible assets of $0.76 trading at $0.27. I'm not without my concerns but I see significant upside over the medium and long term. Let's just hope the cash holds out long enough, and management is smart enough, for us to get there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.