SPL 4.00% 12.0¢ starpharma holdings limited

Below is a translation from Japan News yesterday on Vivagel...

1. 12,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1311
    • Below is a translation from Japan News yesterday on Vivagel Condom released into market
    • And a bit of levity after news story

• [Okamoto Co., Ltd.] Okamoto launches Japan’s first “Bivagel (VivaGel (R)) with condom” and “design condom” with two printed condoms printed on the condom

[Okamoto Co., Ltd.] Okamoto launches Japan’s first “Bivagel (VivaGel (R)) with condom” and “design condom” with two printed condoms printed on the condom

FacebookTwitterWhatsAppPinterestLinkedInShare
    Okamoto Corporation Okamoto launches Japan’s first “Bivagel (VivaGel (R)) with condom” and “design condom” with two printed condoms printed on condom Strengthening efforts to prevent sexually transmitted infections in anticipation of increased inbound demand in 2020 ………………………………………………………………………………………… Okamoto Co., Ltd. (Head office: Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo; President: Toshio Tamura) is aiming to increase awareness of preventing sexually transmitted infections by condoms and wear rates for condoms, and is Japan’s first condom with Bibagel and Japanese culture We will release “design condoms” that can print designs and characters such as ukiyo-e. [Image 1: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-294703-6.jpg] [Image 3: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-825955-2.jpg] For 85 years, Okamoto has been working on condom development, aiming to create products that contribute to healthy and comfortable human life, by bringing together imaginative technologies under the slogan “Science of familiar life” The In addition, in 2015, we established the Okamoto Lovers Research Institute, and conducted educational activities to raise the rate of wearing condoms. However, according to a survey conducted by our company in March 2019 (n = 14,048), about 70% of people may engage in sexual intercourse without wearing condoms, and 1 in 5 people do not wear at all. It turned out that it became more than people. On the other hand, people infected with syphilis increased rapidly from around 2013, and there were 6,923 new reports in 2018. In addition, the number of HIV / AIDS reports remained high at 1,288. This reality shows that it is necessary to further improve sexually transmitted diseases prevention awareness. As part of that, and with an eye on the increase in inbound demand in 2020, we will release “Bevagel with Condoms” and “Design Condoms” this fall. The condom with Vivagel is the first application of Vivagel to condoms in Japan. The active substance “SPL7013” blended with 0.5% there is antiviral activity confirmed against HIV and HSV (herpes) in the test according to ASTM E1052. (However, the antiviral effect in the clinic has not been confirmed.) Of course, even with normal condoms, the rubber membrane shielding effect can prevent sexually transmitted infections, but in Japan condoms are only conscious of “contraception” There are a great many people who can be seen, and selling this kind of product will lead to a change in awareness of the other side of the purpose of “prevention of sexually transmitted diseases”, contributing to the improvement of prevention awareness. I believe it to be “Design condom” is a product that enables the printing of designs such as illustrations and characters on the surface. It is often heard that condoms have a shameful feeling and it is difficult to buy or use them. Therefore, this time, by printing “Japanese culture (Ukiyoe)” for the rapidly increasing number of visitors to Japan (inbound), “prints”, “events”, “names”, “collaborations”, etc. We have developed this technology, thinking that condoms will become familiar and easy to use. The condom specialty store “Condomania” has already been dealt with. Condonia also plans to sell capsule toys, which are popular among foreigners and young people visiting Japan. We also plan to receive original designs. In the future, Okamoto will continue to work actively with the mission in mind to improve the rate of wearing condoms through various initiatives in order to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and unexpected pregnancy. ■ Condoms with Vivagel (VivaGel (R)) Condom with Vivagel as lubricant for condoms. Vivagel is a gel formulation that contains “SPL7013” developed by Star Pharma of Australia. VivaGel (R) is a registered trademark of Starpharma. [With SPL 7013] SPL7013, formulated with 0.5% of this product’s lubricant, has antiviral activity against HIV and HSV in an ASTM E1052 compliant test. However, the antiviral effect in the clinic has not been confirmed. -Product name: 003 + Viva gel condom (provisional) JAN code: 4547691796295 Recommended retail price: 2000 yen Contents: 10 pcs Sales period: Scheduled for October 10, 2019 ・ Started test marketing from June with a view to developing new sales channels ■ Design condom product summary Condom that can print characters and designs on the condom itself [Image 3: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-825955-2.jpg] [Image 4: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-671729-5.jpg] [Image 5: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-447376-3.jpg] [Image 6: https://prtimes.jp/i/45330/1/resize/d45330-1-666619-4.jpg] -Product name, content: not yet determined ・ We plan to sell collaboration products in condom specialty store “condo mania” (planned summer of 2019) ・ Internet sales ・ Order for original design For more information about this release: prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000001.000045330.html ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
    FacebookTwitterWhatsAppPinterestLinkedInShare

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $78.83K 647.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 155464 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 127244 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 4.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ 46213
Last updated 15.56pm 10/05/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.