FGR 0.00% 5.8¢ first graphene limited

Not going to respond to all of the quote, but just cherry pick a...

1. 1,066 Posts.
    Not going to respond to all of the quote, but just cherry pick a few.

But not well known in HC. - there we go again dismissing the HC community and what they may or may not know, even if it's true why say it?

However the point made is strong that impurities matter greatly - FGR advantage as written earlier...better to always start with a purer precursor. - which is why most of us are here to begin with from what I have gathered @drchips @duke et al

"The presence of residual metallic impurities in graphene is a known problem, and many of these impurities are able to dramatically alter the electronic and electrochemical properties of graphene (2628). It is often falsely assumed in the graphene community that these impurities are sufficiently removed during the conversion of graphite to RGOs"- Turns out the speculation that conversion to rGO would in some way help purify the material was just that.

The article goes on to say that whatever is done to turn graphite (or in FGR's case graphene) into GO makes the sitaution regarding impurities much worse, dramtically worse. For Mn from 0.14 to 2,290 ppm. - perhaps I was on to something after all?

My conclusion is that FGR might be able to get away with no subsequent treatment at all if FGR remove and treat graphene from minesite to final use with kid gloves, and minimal exposure to air (unless purified/clean room style air) until moments before use and always held and transfered in sealed environments. - They will ship graphite, given that any fresh graphite surface (essentially what may become one half of the surface area of a single graphene platelet) will adsorb stuff in minutes how practical is it to make the mineshaft clean enough to prevent this? So would you suggest just mine and ship the ore in such a way that you minimise the surface area in contact with air i.e. in as large a block as possible? exfoliate that outer layer and discard it keeping the remainder as clean as possible and from all subsequent steps it requires careful control of conditions. At least being now in solution would help, but of course the solution required to exfoliate graphene from graphite via electrolysis will contain metallic ions, and let's not forget that water, having a strong dipole, will induce scattering effects also. Many a slip twixt cup and lip. Lots of challenges ahead.

It's interesting I think that one might suggest that phd candidates and professors would not have also found these references when not only researching but actually adding to the body of knowledge. If you submit an article and there are holes in your paper as you have omitted referencing relevant past and current research, your paper will be rejected. It's all part of the machinery of peer reviewed science. Citations are just as important as publishing, number of citations are one of the criteria that University ranking organisations use.

I'm not saying there isn't anything to worry about or that FGR doesn't face challenges ahead in its' "March to Production" but there are things that I'm not going to fuss over when for me to do so would be a futile and very time consuming activity.

@jumpstart , just for equilibrium, I agree that peppa's remarks are a little on the nose (sorry peppa old pal), also that you're indeed correct re: the calling of liar etc. (sorry spid)

@jumpstart Would you average down even further by buying more shares if this falls to say 8c?

Also I'd reckon you'd probably appreciate the advice that just because you are 100% correct about your analysis of a companies' prospects doesn't mean the market will agree. Selling can go on for a whole lot longer than you'd believe. And it's almost always impossible to predict all the swings and round-abouts of a companies' evolution. I subscribe to the school of thought that a healthy blend of TA and FA is the way to go. Knowing 100% about the technical side of a business is only half of what you want to know before you buy it.
    Last edited by downsyde: 02/06/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ $17.01K 294.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 5.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 463929 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ 291942
Last updated 13.20pm 16/05/2024 ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.