PSC 3.70% 14.0¢ prospect resources limited

Ok, I've had my current self-isolation period to think this all...

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    Ok, I've had my current self-isolation period to think this all over. Initially I was angered with the announcement. I had penned this down for the long-term. Sam's interviews and the companies updates all pointed to taking this to production. I think a big reason why I was angry (and maybe others) is because I felt blindsided by this decision. When Sam mentioned 7 companies wanted to either help fund the project, become a joint venture partner, or take over the company (or project as we now know), I was fairly certain that we wouldn't entertain the buy-out. Alas, here we are.

I know how much of a money making machine we were going to be. We were the most undervalued lithium company In the world. The lithium market is the hottest market right now. Then Sam decides to sell our $1billion+ USD NPV super power for a 'modest' $373 million USD. The only way to accurately describe how It feels is - It's like we've been dating an overweight super model who has just started to lose some weight on her keto diet, but has decided to dump us. Sure, we've had a lot of fun and are thankful for the experience, but we won't get to see her when she gets her dream body.

When I heard it was a Chinese company buying our project I wasn't surprised. Then, I had time to reflect on that key point - the Chinese. I'll try to remain as respectful as possible but I absolutely despise the disgusting, despicable Chinese. But, when dealing in Africa, they always have their grubby noses in it. That got me thinking, along with many others here, could Sam's hands have been tied? Perhaps Sam the Man was blindsided just like we were? Why? Let's take a look.

We've got a world class project that is highly sort after, as shown by the 7 companies wanting a piece of the action. You would think that in a perfect world. A world that doesn't involve the Chinese, the company would find the best offer and then out of the other 6 companies, you would logically assume that at the very least, one would make an offer sweeter than the current 'best offer'. But, we don't live in this perfect world. We live in the real world. The real world does have China. Who is the middle man between our project and the Chinese buyers? The land holders - The Zimbabwean government. The day after the announcement of our Arcadia sale, the government had already made the move to get the signing ceremony done. The day after! According to the company annoucement, a shareholder vote was needed first. Hang on a second... If a shareholder vote was needed, and had not yet taken place, why was the local Zimbabwean government already making the deal official?

The Chinese. Who owns Africa? The Chinese. Let's cut the crap. We all know it. The Chinese ties run deep within the African region. Alas, this deal is happening, with our without shareholder approval. For this reason, and this reason only, I have changed my mind and have accepted the fact that this offer IS the best we can get. I knew the risk when I put my money into a Zimbabwean lithium project. That fear is what lead me to pickup shares in a company that were incredibly undervalued and now I will be rewarded with a great payout (even after the tax man has his way with me) and still hold shares in a company that has the support of a government who have opened the doors for investment from the outside world in order to take advantage of their commodity-rich landscape.

We only have to look at the African horror stories to realise that nothing is a given. Let's be thankful for Sam and the team's efforts in getting this project to where they did and now shareholders will be rewarded. Could we have got more? Yes, of course, but I honestly think this is the best we can possibly get.

I can't stand China, but unfortunately I live in reality - they rule the land. I'm just thankful that my hard earned dollars have allowed me to get some crumbs from their overindulgent plate.

This has been a great group to be a part of. A lot of great posters, the goat (SF2TH) in particular, and I wish you all the best with your rewards. Time for a beer, cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $67.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.3¢ 13.0¢ $19.60K 146.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35919 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 219999 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PSC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.