STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

From my 'up close and personal' perspective they are on track to...

1. 218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    From my 'up close and personal' perspective they are on track to start the project in next 3 months, which is their indicated timeframe, so no news there. Unfortunately, my company won't be part of it.

You will remember earlier mine planning required use of a tracked EMU (Excavator Mining Unit) and quick-relocate DMU's (Dozer Mining Unit). When we engaged with Gunson in 2012, we developed innovative solutions for these and now have full 3D modelling completed. Our solutions withstood deep scrutiny for us to be the preferred tenderer at all DFS stages. However, now it comes time to spend the money, a couple of the industry heavyweights have convinced this junior they don't need those mine productivity innovations and are busily slugging it out for lowest cost, with an announcement on who won the contest expected with the next project update.

No EMU, so back to less cost efficient overburden removal by dozer, and three DMU's, to accommodate the slow relocation of existing designs. Not a deal breaker given the mine's fundamentals, but an order of magnitude higher operating cost over the life of the mine.

I have deep experience in successful application of innovative approaches in mining and other environments, and was looking forward to raising the bar in mineral sands. One mineral sands operational mgr has said our development is "a sublime solution to problems the industry has had for a long time; it is an innovative way to combine really solid technologies and long overdue". They are looking to open a new mine once covid is sorted, so may become the first. However, I am seeing innovative ex-Sedgman leaders at Strandline unable to withstand financing safety concerns, and not even trundle me out to put on a show, presumably because they are not knowing I have sorted that aspect out plenty of times before. It appears going beyond the status quo could be a bridge too far for this industry.

I am left wondering if, when the heat is on and final budgets are being drawn up, ANY mineral sands exec will be able to put a bit more into capital up front, despite the likely sub-12 month payback on the additional cost? I would welcome comment on how to overcome these challenges from those here that clearly have depth and well informed opinions. Privately if you prefer, vsunter at iput dot com dot au. Thank you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.