ALK 1.14% 43.5¢ alkane resources limited

the seller may still be there finishing off rest of the stock...

1. 7,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1478
    the seller may still be there finishing off rest of the stock but the big shorter is gone. I think we had both at one stage (yesterday in particular but probably last Friday and Monday) and it started with the short selling about 2 weeks ago.

read what I explained to Joel earlier - the short seller started first as this is an insto who was probably approached by the seller's broker if they are interested to buy a block of ALK shares. the insto said let us check with our clients and how much time do we have? the broker gives them 2 weeks as if they don't find a buyer for the parcel they will start selling on the open market.
    the insto sees this as opportunity to short so they start shorting while pretending to be looking for buyers to fill this broker's book.
    rest is as per the other post...

now the big short seller is gone and that's the reason why SP is not falling as there pressure is not there. The momentum short sellers don't have that kind of sway to push the sp down.

yesterday on the other hand was brutal as around 4m shares were dumped on the masses which forced few smaller holders to capitulate and sell as well and plus we had some momentum short sellers piling on the trend.
    the trades today look like some short sellers continue to short without noticing they are on their own and there are probably some short sellers closing their shorts hence why there is decent support at around 43c-44c levels.
    if there was someone still shorting in bigger volumes then sp would have hit around 40c by now.

yes, the distressed seller could still be there as per the 2.1m transaction but that's not enough on its own to suppress the sp much lower as there is enough support at this level. and I don't think the seller has many shares left to sell to be out so there is no rush. the broker managed to fill the order of 2.1m through the day without dumping them to the masses.

my thoughts anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $262.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 45.0¢ 43.3¢ $1.635M 3.721M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 52884 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 67463 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.