AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I can't understand some comments on this thread concerning...

1. 714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I can't understand some comments on this thread concerning tardiness of the release of results, for example:

luanboo
    "No more quality information until the company release official information which is very very delayed"

Gouldians "given the tardiness of the company’s reporting"

Have you guys invested in many mining stocks? I have been very pleased with the frequency of the results released - we've learnt a lot in a short time really - the first drilling only started a little over a year ago (21st of March 2017) and we've had plenty of updates IMO. Historically, we had a price dive nearly every time results were released so we dreaded them - it became a running joke. ..fabulous results and the SP would tank.

On the 19th of Feb - less than two months ago - the first results of the 20,000m Drilling Program were announced - that was eighteen days after they announced that they had commenced drilling. We received more results on this program a week ago today (6th of April) - and at that time we were also informed of the approximate time frame and procedure for the remainder:

"Samples from holes MO18DD001 to MO18DD003 are in Perth awaiting assay and should be reported before the end of the month. The core from MO18DD004 is in Lubumbashi ready to be sent to Perth and the core from MO18DD006, 007 and 008 has been logged, cut and sampled and will be despatched to Lubumbashi soon"

Importantly, it was reiterated that we were on track concerning producing a JORC calculation

"The Company is also pleased to confirm that the drilling at its present rate will allow an initial JORC resource calculation by the end of the June quarter 2018. "

The comments on this thread implying the results are released late suggest that AVZ is operating contrary to ASX
    rules, if they are not announcing results as soon as practical. I suppose recent events do cast some question over how much management is concerned with adhering to procedures (either themselves or by turning a blind eye to the conduct of their affiliates). However, personally, I have been satisfied with the timeliness of the release of results, and have been pleased with the level of detail given when they are presented, including the reiteration of subsequent goals and timeframes.

The results presented have been thorough, professional and accurate IMO. My stomach churns when I see those announcements by other companies retracting what they just said they'd found, because of dirty samples or whatever happened in a rush.

It must take a little bit of time to write up the results so that they are presented in a professional/compelling manner. While they are bound to be accurate - it is still a marketing document of sorts that the market evaluates the company on.

Sorry to be long-winded, the bottom line is that I think the quality and timeliness of the presentation of results
    has been not just adequate, but good.

CC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.