ADN 6.25% 1.5¢ andromeda metals limited

Ann: Results of Concrete Decarbonisation Study, page-218

1. 674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 336
    Morning all
    Since first starting my SS and how the numbers work, I noticed a couple of figures that immediately jumped out for Australia and how this works with the BoA for IMCD. To recap the main point that most readers, like myself, would have jumped to was:

The Agreement is for a combined total of 22,500 tonnes of Great White HRM™ and SRM™ over an initial term of three years, with a maximum of 30,000 and a minimum of 15,000 tonnes and is subject to standard conditions precedent.

The link for the announcement is below for ease of reference as I think it's worth reading again.

ADN ASX (andromet.com.au)

This initially did not sound a lot to many from the comments made, again myself included.

There are two other pieces of information in the announcement for me were worth looking into:

Andromeda has commissioned a detailed concrete decarbonisation study by expert consulting company Sustainable Future by Design to quantify the potential carbon footprint reductions offered by using Great White HRM™ and provide an Environmental Product Declaration.

&

The Great White HRM™ has undergone extensive testing in many concrete applications along with the Great White SRM™ in associated chemical application. Their performance has provided sufficient confidence for IMCD to sign a binding offtake agreement which includes industry standard conditions precedent.

So, the release of the report and why did ADN commission the report, simply so they can put their report on the EPD system (Environmental Product Declaration), this is a global system and there is a link for Australia below (did they have to release it to us, possibly not, why did they then, is it so we can work out the below):

EPD Australasia (epd-australasia.com)

So, what is this all about, below taken from the website:

EPD Australasia provides businesses in Australia and New Zealand with a framework for independently verified, LCA-based environmental data and other information about their products and services.
    EPDs communicate transparent and comparable data and other relevant environmental information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products.

You are able to join for free and view companies that have produced these reports. If you do join, you will see that Boral and Holcim are on there. Why is this important then. Well you can see exactly the same information for their products as in the report above, the main figures being how much Co2 do their products release. Now there is a lot that they publish but to give you an idea of the information, see below for Borals NSW and ACT
    Pre-mix Concrete:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5162/5162563-2d30608b7cd37f773728fbe44c3e8d31.jpg

You will see the amount of Co2 produced from their normal concrete is 314 for 32mpa and 357 for their 40mpa. If you remember this report showed 232 & 277 in the control for 32 and 40 and using HRM reduced to 215 & 257.

Borals best products as far as C02 emission is Envisia, with plenty of other products in between.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5162/5162591-f857fb99d93d29c0e7221d66ede374aa.jpg

So, is there room for HRM for all of their products? I will come back to this along with the other two points I highlighted in red.

So in short, the EPD is a good way to look at other products and the impact they have on the environment for co2.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $46.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $52.09K 3.259M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 11072419 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 1000000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.