4DS 1.14% 8.9¢ 4ds memory limited

Ann: S&P DJI Announces March 2021 Quarterly Rebalance, page-126

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    Thanks for this balanced market analysis

Agree with everything you said.

The more I look at it, the more I think 4DS Thechnology will be sold through a private auction rather than a takeover..
    It fits perfectly with the secretive nature of 4DS and had many other advantages.
    This has some consequences as to how and when the money will be returned to shareholders, but nothing important as the transaction will change the share price instantly.

The remaining questions are :
    - When potential buyers will be allowed to see the metrics and test the product ?
    - And, of course, how much will they pay ?

You answered the second one (providing the tech holds its promises), so we are left with the when? question.

I still think that WDC hold the chronometer.

Not only because of the JDA and NDA agreement that could forbidde 4DS to show data to third parties, but because they may come out first with their own product.

The Sandisk labs in Japan are not constrained by queue and time slots like 4DS at imec.
    They have the first platform lot since june 2020. Imo, they are much more advanced than 4DS and could be building a commercial product now. Specialy if they adress small pages of cells - Like Kioxia SCM - instead of adressing every cell individualy like Optane (and like 4DS with it second platform lot).
    Before showing a prototype to the market, WDC will have to ask for the licence before the possible end of the JDA in June (that is : if you are right and 4DS will be too expensive for them to make an offer to buy the company)

The licence agreement with WDC will start all the rerate process for 4DS.
    We will be lifted by the announcement of the licence agreement and by WDC promotion of their new product.
    After that, and after the end of the JDA, 4DS could start sending some chips of the second platform lot to potentiel client, if it doesnt need a second cooking to prove repeatability for a dense memory array.

Taking into account innevitables delays and hurdles, we could see an auction process in Q2 2022. May be Q1.
    Rerate possibly much earlier.

NO FINANCIAL ADVICE

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.001(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $156.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 9.2¢ 8.7¢ $297.1K 3.301M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 208636 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 12657 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.