SPL 2.22% 9.2¢ starpharma holdings limited

I don't know how people can see this as a negative. Perhaps tell...

1. 15,532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5602
    I don't know how people can see this as a negative.

Perhaps tell that to the market @Gumnut70 .... the share price has dropped by almost 50% since the Medicxi deal was announced and you made all these claims of how good the deal supposedly was ? A deal I might add that sees Starpharma back at the preclinical drawing board and in receipt of not one cent into it's bank account back here in Abbotsford

.... and almost a year ago now in Post #:69777347 you also claimed once again how great the DEP® science supposedly was but almost another 12 months on can you explain why no pharma company (global or regional) has signed any DEP® license deals if this is the case ? Starpharma has now tossed DEP® Docetaxel aside apart from all your claims of how it supposedly is still widely used and still commands billions of dollars in revenue - strange that even Starpharma now seem to disagree with you on it's viability to pursue further ?

Like I said to you back then and the old CEO even confirmed in the 2022 AGM presentation - new and better cancer treatments made it tough to recruit trial participants. Subsequently IMO these new and better treatments have made our DEP® drugs obsolete .... this seems to support why no one wants to license them - just sayin'

@Gumnut70 's Post #:69777347 DEP Docetaxel Claims:

Docetaxel:
    • A TAXANE
    • Extremely widely used, in multiple cancer types, on its own and in combination therapies.
    • Earnt US 3 billion in revenue in 2011 prior to coming off patent.
    • Virtually famous for it toxicity! Many people are not offered, or decline, docetaxel because of toxicities, which makes it quite a rubbish drug, really, in comparison to the lower toxicity that DEP Docetaxel promises.
    • From what we have been told, DEP Docetaxel should show the same benefits over standard docetaxel as has been demonstrated (and released) with DEP cabazitaxel over standard cabazitaxel, but likely with a much larger market size opportunity due to the very wide applications of docetaxel, as mentioned above.
    • It is difficult to quantify the market size for DEP Docetaxel due to no in-patent drug to use as a comparitor but I would say it should be absolutely huge. Starpharma did choose docetaxel as its first DEP drug to take to the clinic for a reason!
    • I am very confident that DEP Docetaxel could ultimately be indicated and re-imbursed in a wide range of cancers, and offered to a larger number of patients (including the older and sickest who could not tolerate ordinary docetaxel) due to significant advantages (greater efficacy and significantly lower toxicity) over ordinary docetaxel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.002(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $37.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.3¢ 9.2¢ $3.349K 36.18K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 113072 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 108436 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.