MKG 5.00% 1.0¢ mako gold limited

The potential presence of cross cutting structures is actually a...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    The potential presence of cross cutting structures is actually a good thing and presents a viable target to test in that specific spot. As they mention, the intersection of the N-S and the NE-SW trending structures can create a zone of weakness in the rock that, when subject to structural movement, produces a 'dilation zone' which is favourable for deposition of gold via gold bearing fluids (from a temperature and/or pressure change).

The holes around this highlighted hole on that section are lower quality, but I suspect the two structures aren't intersecting orthogonally on this section. They probably both have a plunge, with the result that the 'dilation zone' plunges away from this specific section. On a subsequent section it would be higher or lower in a vertical sense. So it makes sense that the holes around this good one don't have the same strength of mineralisation.

Now that they have developed this hypothesis, I'd say they will try to intersect it again (on another nearby section). They are only beginning to understand the structural architecture of the project so knowing this is a good thing at this stage.

It seems that there are many other NE-SW trending structural defects intersecting the main N-S shear along the rest of the 30km long shear zone so lots of opportunity for this type of thing to be repeated. Some of these structural intersection zones won't feature the 'dilation zone' effect or some may have it, but it might not have led to a gold enrichment zone....a mix of pot luck and science I guess.

Apologies if I have over-explained...just wanted to convey my thoughts on this as the geometry of the situation needs a close look to understand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MKG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.272M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $6.701K 690.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 3962932 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 556874 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MKG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.