NRZ 0.00% 1.3¢ neurizer ltd

Danharks, Thank you for commenting on my post. Now I would like...

1. J L
    1,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Danharks, Thank you for commenting on my post. Now I would like to continue the discussion by giving you my thoughts.

"you would have to be a mental defect to think the catalysts behind urea price rise (Covid, trade friction with China, china’s division with the west, conflict in Europe, rising energy prices) will go away over night, which is what you and Others seem to have espoused."

I believe that, in the short term (say 4-5 years) this is probably the case. But after this, things should return to something like normal, before NRZ is in full flight. This timing is an opinion held by several analysts. The world is not sitting on its hands through this predicament. As you know China is a massive user of urea, and uses about 90% (I think) of its own production. The world seems to have coped with their restrictions on exporting.

"there will be an enduring global shortage of urea, and with dramatically increased cost of feedstock, the fundamentals of economics would dictate a significantly higher urea spot price is the new norm (I think it will pull back somewhat, but would likely settle long term somewhere between current price and that used during PFS)."

Now Russia, I believe, exports about 7-9 million tonnes PA of urea. You will also note that Nigeria has, in the last month or so, has commissioned a USD 2.5 billion, three million tonnes PA urea plant. In addition, it has been reported that India will be very soon self-sufficient, whatever that means.

The free world will pickup the slack, I believe, and when these countries come back on line, and they must, there could be more than enough, sufficient anyway, of urea to go round. I see no "enduring global shortage of urea"! They're my thoughts for what they are worth.

Regarding current prices playing a significant role in a BFS, I don't think so. The BFS will probably span 5 plus 10 to 30 years. The PFS spanned about 5 plus 10 years. I am assuming that NRZ didn't pluck the long term urea price used in their calculations, out of the air for the PFS. It would, presumably, be obtained from an authoritative source. Therefore, I think that it should be almost the same now as it was then. I would pay little attention to current pricing conditions as a prediction of long term prices.

J L.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.