CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,857 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1003
    Hi Youngie
    Often when small companies want to raise funds brokers do it by way of a placement to 'Sophisticated' investors - unless you are registered as a 'Sophisticated' investor with the brokers you will not be sent the offer and will not be able to participate (I am not a 'Soph' - not rich enough biggrin.png , so I don't receive these placement offers).

Of course, a placement to 'Sophs' can also be supplemented by an entitlement offer (or share purchase plan) to existing holders.

So typically, the Sophs receive details of the offer, the offer is finalized based on subscriptions received and then there is an announcement to the market with the placement details (amount raised and price). This announcement will also include details of any complementary entitlement offer or share purchase plan being made to existing holders.

This system can lead to angst when existing holders are excluded (placement to soph's only) although personally I favour placements (albeit I can't participate) as they are efficient and quick (SPP's in particular can be a real pain as they can take weeks to finalize and if you are scaled back it can tie up your funds for weeks before you get a refund).

GLTA & DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $13.76K 1.637M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 17425801 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 16335345 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.