TGP 0.78% 64.0¢ 360 capital group

I’ve upped my REIT exposure to 20%+ of my portfolio in the last...

1. 698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    I’ve upped my REIT exposure to 20%+ of my portfolio in the last few months, I haven’t looked at DXC but will check it out
    I agree there’s little catalyst for a short term re-rate other than lower rates but that’d come with its own problems, I’m thinking of them as a bottom draw store of value, at current valuations I’d expect just about any REIT thats around in ten years should’ve outperformed other lower risk assets like bonds, utilities, cash, index ETFs etc
    As an aside I've noticed a lot of commentary around REITs, not to mention the green in my portfolio seems to have turned & is looking much more positive recently & all that TGP buyback cash shouldn’t hurt either {maybe a portion of that would be better spent buying more TOT?}
    If there is a large market pullback I’d assume the equities that haven’t priced in the possibility will be the ones that “bear” the brunt
    Generally gearing & asset quality are my main concerns but manageable inflation raises asset values & reduces debts value, it increases replacement costs & ups rents
    If Australia manages to keep bumbling along like we always seem to then fear discounts will disappear & TGP has 2 layers of those
    Recession would obviously be bad but hopefully not deep & lowered rates would soften the blow
    Immigration is a boost to demand as is the need for real assets in times of heightened uncertainty & inequity
    There's a lot of risk priced in {unlike resi} & it’s folly to entertain worst cases like deep recession, hyper inflation or war because they’d make any investment beyond bunkers, beans & guns imprudent
    I thought HPI was a poor investment but at current valuation is now ok while TOTs timing was hall of fame bad again is also reasonable value now, I wouldn’t buy either directly unless the market presented an opportunity but through TGP I feel the markets giving that opportunity so I’ve made it my biggest holding, just…. NST is about to jump it {still only 4%}
    What I ideally aim for from the bulk of my investments is a relatively good yield while the capital is at least keeping up with CPI, currently REITs look to me like they offer that & TGP has greater potential to outperform while actually carrying less risk
    But theres no certainties & if Tony can stuff it up so royally so can I, I’m just banking that the damage is done

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
64.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $149.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
64.5¢ 64.5¢ 64.0¢ $972 1.519K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 21267 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
64.5¢ 56320 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TGP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.