ADN 9.52% 1.9¢ andromeda metals limited

I've looked into FYI previously. Here are some comments. It's...

1. 11,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29637
    I've looked into FYI previously. Here are some comments.
    • It's very capital intensive. Each $1.00 of CAPEX spend only contributes $2.70 of NPV. i.e. NPV is only 2.7x CAPEX.
    • Payback is 3.6 years since the debt burden will be quite high relative to revenue.
    • CAPEX is also very high relative to market cap. Currently 12x market cap.
      • So with CAPEX at AUD $271M and 30% equity component required that means AUD $81M is required as a condition of finance (30% requirement is written in the DFS). That's 3.6x the current market cap.
      • The problem is the company has negotiated a Convertible Note Facility for the equity component. Convertible note facilities generally work out badly for shareholders = massive dilution. Newsflow has to be strong for shareholders to have a chance.
    • Project risk is also proportional to CAPEX. The more $$$ spent to get a project running, the more that can go wrong. Many shareholders learnt that from Lithium players.
    By contrast, ADN's maximum cash requirement is 75% of AUD $28M or $21M. Our Market cap is 3.85 times the cash required to get the project up and running.

The after-tax NPV is AUD $511M (100%-basis), which works out to be 18.25 times the $28M required to get the project running. So every $1.00 invested contributes $18.25 to NPV. Compare that with figures for FYI above.

ADN is getting a nimble high-cashflow operation up and running first. I envisage about AUD $40M free cashflow within a couple of years of startup as payback is only 15 months. I expect they will better these numbers with the DFS.

ADN's process plant will effectively be off-the shelf. That's due to the quality of their ore. It's high quality and very pure so they don't need to do much processing to convert it to a top-quality commercial product.

That $40M pa free cashflow that ADN will generate with a first project will go a long way to them getting a HPA operation up and running without burdening/diluting shareholders. They are also planning a different tack. Since their feedstock is so great (4N HPA can be generated in a single processing stage), OPEX will be very competitive. They are also planning to partner reduce the risk (probably with an existing chemical processor).

I will add that ATC have been churning away for about 7 years to get their HPA project running and diluting shareholders 721% in the process. They started with 108M shares on issue and are now 883M shares on issue.

That's all due to the cost / complexity of the project. ATC market cap has moved but the share price hasn't!

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 7.59.09 pm.png
    Last edited by wombat777: 06/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.002(9.52%)
Mkt cap ! $59.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $33.38K 1.726M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1823487 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 1122200 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.