SPL 1.00% 9.9¢ starpharma holdings limited

I suspect the promise of a broad-spectrum viricide probably...

1. 59 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I suspect the promise of a broad-spectrum viricide probably sounds much too good to be true, even to educated consumers. My anecdotal evidence is from clinician colleagues. Their reactions ranged from the vaguely quizzical to the politely skeptical. Their comments were largely along the lines of, "Well, why haven't we heard about it more widely, from the media? I mean, there is a viral pandemic raging out there, after all..."

I'm only saying this to highlight the tremendous marketing work that we'll need. Especially with vaccinations pushing ahead faster than Viraleze's rollout. With the former gaining pace, I don't think we can now rely on a level of risk-taking sentiment a la "God, I'll try anything to protect myself from the virus". We holders know it is not a risk, of course. But the average punter will see the use of a nasal spray on top of a vaccine as redundant or, worse, an unknown risk not worth taking.

WE know that Viraleze actually blocks the penetration of the virus into the nasopharyngeal mucosa, rather than just stopping the virus making us sick (as in the vaccines). But, for the average consumer, this will take a careful strategy of repetitive, multimodal and varied marketing.

When I bought into SPL late last year, my hope was that some major pre-launch marketing campaign would have 'massaged' the consumer market out there, either in advance of, or alongside, the vaccines. Alas not, to my and others' disappointment. However, I still have strong conviction in Viraleze and DEP tech in general. It holds such great promise on a wide range of treatment fronts. And this is what keeps me holding and buying, despite the dubious competence of our management and BOD. In my view, SPL simply happens to be the vessel for DEP at present. My hope is that we eventually get taken over by a bigger vehicle that really knows how to sell the stuff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 9.9¢ $202.8K 2.026M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 464483 9.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 99818 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.