SPL 9.20% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

"Starpharma is not planning to pursue additional clinical...

1. 567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    "Starpharma is not planning to pursue additional clinical studies for VivaGel® BV on its own at this time."

A human trial today would cost more than the $4 it might have cost in 2019. Also, after this latest rebuff, a larger more expensive trial might be required, maybe costing up to $10m.

SPL's cash position, and the poor prospects for any new CR, mean that SPL cannot afford to risk perhaps $10 on a new trial. So, unless SPL can find a partner to assist with funding (and also assist with some badly-needed expertise), SPL has no other prudent option.

I'm very suspicious about the way that SPL keeps spruiking its radiotheranostics potential. In my opinion, SPL is so late to the theranostics game that everyone else will have gone home by the time that SPL arrives on the pitch. Perhaps a rival might be able to make better use of SPL's theranostics IP.

TheVivagel FDA outcome is disappointing, despite being predictable considering SPL's past performance. Although the potential for Viraleze remains intact, I wouldn't be surprised if the SP tumbles to a new low in the next few days. The SPL gamble appears to be getting more risky.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.008(9.20%)
Mkt cap ! $39.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.0¢ 9.5¢ 8.8¢ $334.2K 3.710M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 50354 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 22908 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.