M24 0.00% 0.9¢ mamba exploration limited

The log scale helps with smoothing out the natural enrichments...

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    The log scale helps with smoothing out the natural enrichments of lighter REEs vs heavier REE's. For example, a typical REE plot is steeper at the LREE's and flat for HREE's.
    LREE's also tend to be enriched in hydrothermal systems in general, so we have seen a lot of clay hosted REE's, particularly in the goldfields, where the vast majority of the REE budget hangs of La-Ce and little else.
    This plot also shows Sm and Tb are enriched compared to chondrite normalisation, versus the other REE's. This suggests, again, that there is an unusual yttrium-bearing Sm-Tb-Tm phase. One which springs to mind is samarskite, which is found in NYF pegmatites.

I think it is also interesting that the La, Ce are low and flat. Generally, in igneous rocks, a REE pattern like this would be more associated with Round Top type alkaline rhyolite, which has ~100ppm TREO in yttrofluorite. So it's possible that instead of xenotime we are seeing yttrofluorite, or a HREE fluorite. Would be intersting if M24 chucked a few EOH samples in for whole rock and then ponied up the extra $70 for F assays. Might show whether this is really a F-rich granite system. If that was the case, given the stronk Sm, Tb, Tm and Y, with a bit of luck you could find a easily processed soluble hard rock deposit.

Very intriguing, I'm happy to watch this play out even just from a geo nerd POV.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add M24 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.656M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $2.272K 252.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 476801 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 388000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
M24 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.