OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

Ann: Xped announces cost-saving restructure, page-182

1. 1,855 Posts.
    Your post
    "My other understanding is that they are changing their Xped app to work with NON-ADRC devices already in the market place. I'm not sure which devices but obviously the ones they already are working on. Either way...its not ADRC based for these and they will likely release an app like Gideon or Yonomi did to control them. Both of those products are free currently. So I am not expecting any revenue generated by the freebie app to come."

My post
    They are not changing. They are having another option for Non-ADRC devices to capture other big IoT markets using other communication protocols like Zigbee via Telink's chip TLSR8269 and probably/maybe via other Telink's chips (we will wait for further announcement).

Your 2nd post

They have to change their app because it doesn't work with ANYTHING!!!!! It requires a hub of which I have never seen one. Download the app and check ...it won't find devices without a hub.

Firstly, lets look at the announcements on Lenze as we know that's the first successful app without ADRC protocol being used.

3 April announcement

-PARK PRODUCT SUMMARY
    Xped through the introduction by Telink are developing an application which will be used both with the original iCharger and the new Smart USB leads that Lenze are manufacturing.

Both the iCharger and the Smart leads have a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon incorporated which connects to the mobile application when the phone is nearby and they are powered up.

Assuming they are being used in a car, when the car is switched off, connection to the App is broken, and this prompts the App to make a note of the location of the car. The user receives a confirmation alert on their phone that their car's location has been stored, and the user can enter the amount of time they have available for parking and optionally take a photo of the location as a reminder, for example of the car park level.

2nd June update

- Telink Bluetooth Chips:

The Lenze opportunity is a direct result of work Xped has completed with the Telink Bluetooth chips. As Xped continues to migrate from an ADRC protocol focus over to the Xped Infrastructure Platform (RML, APP, gateway software and cloud services), the Telink relationship will continue to gain importance and momentum.

It is important to note that Lenze uses a range of chipsets for their devices, with Telink being the supplier of preference. It is also important to note that the ADRC protocol is not pertinent
    in this situation, however, RML, the Xped APP, and cloud services are the key elements of interest with this customer.

Telink is a global leader and supplier of BLE and Zigbee chips and Xped is poised to take advantage of this through the present relationships it has established.

From Xped's Documentation

3.1.3 Resource Modelling Language (RML)

The Resource Modelling Language (RML) is an open source XML-based language developed by Xped.

RML is the ADRC component that removes the need for fixed profiles and enables self-describing profiles. An RML file describes a Thing and provides the information needed by DeB to display the user interface for the Thing and tells the IoTG about the functionality of the Thing so the Thing can be controlled and monitored.

The manufacturer writes the RML needed for the Thing and loads the RML file(s) to the Thing during the manufacturing process.

From above announcements, this is what I understand for Xped non ADRC device control via BLE.

(1)Lenze has products using Telink's bluetooth chips (lets say other than TLSR8269 chip)

(2) Lenze's app is using Xped XIP ie the Xped App, RML and possibly the gateway software. No ADRC protocol is being used.

(That's why I say no change to Xped app or you may be right, they may incorporate both Xped App and RML into one company's manufacturer's app .... but then again, I thought they will save $ by using Xped's App - hence, Xped's app is not changed)

(3) Manufacturer writes the RML into their Thing (The Thing is without ADRC but with Telink's bluetooth chips) - and with this, they are able to capture connection, as stated in the documentation as follows:

An RML file describes a Thing and provides the information needed by DeB to display the user interface for the Thing and tells the IoTG about the functionality of the Thing so the Thing can be controlled and monitored.

(4) Hence, 2 June update says Xped has completed the work it has with the Telink Bluetooth chips.

The Lenze opportunity is a direct result of work Xped has completed with the Telink Bluetooth chips.

Xped does have a hub which contains ADRC technology.

http://www.xped.com/irm/content/umbo-xped-adrc-hub.aspx?RID=382

Xped's hub is for connectivity when you are away from home.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14587 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 79 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.