SPL 9.20% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

"The Viraleze trial results should really be announced any day...

1. 567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    "The Viraleze trial results should really be announced any day now you’d think. Really hoping for our sake they are clear, strong and unequivocal."

According to SPL,
    "results are expected to be reported in Q2 FY24, following the completion of data cleaning and statistical analyses."

I think it unlikely that the delay in publishing the results could be due to statistical analyses taking months. I think it likely that most of the statistical analyses would have been planned in advance before the trial commenced, and would have taken only a few minutes to perform (assuming the use of modern calculators and computers) once the raw data was received. After all, there was relatively little data. 200 participants sampled once per day for 7 days (I assume). Or perhaps they tested dozens of mostly irrelevant variables. (Btw, I have studied statistical analysis at uni, among many other things, but don't ask because I won't reply.)

"Data cleaning" however rang loud alarm bells in my head. I appreciate the necessity for comprehensive quality assurance, but I can't see anybody taking the results seriously if they have been doctored, especially as the "cleaning" appears to have taken more than two months to perform. To my suspicious mind, "data cleaning" sounds like it belongs in the same category as "laundering" and "whitewashing". Whatever the results eventually turn out to be, I will regard them with suspicion. It seems possible from this "data cleaning" clue, and the long delay, that the results might not be as good as I was expecting, so I have sold out without waiting for the results.

Here is my summary of the current outlook for SPL:

I'm not expecting SPL to make huge profits from DEP, because in my opinion if it was going to happen it would have started to happen long ago. The longer the wait before monetisation of DEP, imo, the less likely it becomes.

I'm not expecting SPL to make huge profits from radiotheranostics because, in my opinion, SPL is way too many years behind some of the competitors.

That just leaves Vivagel and Viraleze, where SPL has products for sale, and where SPL's track record speaks for itself.

I might gamble again on SPL in the future, depending on how the unknowable future unfolds. At the moment, to my eyes the odds don't look good. You win some, you lose some. And hopefully gain useful experience along the way. It's always interesting to read the SPL posts, even though there are sometimes too many threads.

Thus has ended my latest gamble on SPL, with yet another loss. At least my SPL losses nowadays are relatively small compared with what some LT holders must have experienced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.008(9.20%)
Mkt cap ! $39.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.0¢ 9.5¢ 8.8¢ $334.2K 3.710M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 50354 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 22908 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.