XJO 1.75% 8,092.3 s&p/asx 200

PeterThanks for the post but I think it's a complete crock!The...

1. 1,019 Posts.
    Peter

Thanks for the post but I think it's a complete crock!

The author's premise that traders create fear and sell into it ignores the absolutely overwhelming amount of stock that is "long-only". Deliberate creation of fear might work once in a while for a single stock but the market eats for breakfast those who cry wolf!

Most financial institutions in Australia and the US cannot short any significant volume of stock - the hedge funds and traders get blamed for the movements in financial markets when it is insto's and highly leveraged individuals who panic and sell. Shorting drove the market down over 20% from it's High - pleeeease!!!!

The big players would eat the shorters alive if there was no substance to the selling. Traders and hedge funds are a convenient scapegoat for the total ineptitude of many fund managers and financial commentators and for the obviuos mediocrity of most of them. I would no sooner give them my money to manage than fly to the friggin moon Peter!

If you want to base your trading decisions on the ramblings of a journo who wouldn't know one end of the market from the other well that's great - save yourself some time and trouble and just burn the contents of your wallet right now.

Not having a go at you personally mate but Jeez, get a grip on reality! This is a bear market - be careful!

Regards

- HBG

Trade the market you see - not the market you hope for!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.