SDV 3.13% 49.5¢ scidev ltd

any positives, page-36

1. 234 Posts.
    If it wasn't such a sad state of affairs it would be pretty comic. I love the way that the decision to suspend the mill is being presented as one made on Friday night. I find this pretty hard to believe. I would not be surprised if it was something more like; Polymetals pulls the pin some time ago (not to mention advising INL of its intention to do so well before) including removing the dredge as INL would not have sufficient available funds to buy it outright and still be able to support its cash drain for too long. The dredge stays in place for a month or so on some sort of hire/ loan agreement before removal to complete the tail end of an OS order, feasibilty studies immediately undertaken when Polymetals advised of intention to pull the pin to model scenarios going forward - all of these options look pretty bleak, word leaks out despite warnings of "don't tell anyone!" - (yeah no chance I'm going to tell my brother/ mate/ Mum & Dad - let em burn! - the movie fades to image of bird with head stuck in sand/ rear end of another bird)stock gets dumped from those in the know (amazingly from family and friends and anyone else downing a pint down at the local). Meanwhile the marketing department starts a little inuendo of a positive pending announcement and off we go. A few concerned posts hit the INL self-hosted forum - delays in responses which appear to be sanitised shortly after with much more palatable responses. So now Execs realise that there is pretty much no chance at all of further cap raising and will need to rely on Zinc recovery before they can move forward. There would have been plenty of water under the bridge well before the reported "Friday's" decision from the board. Anyhow, this is my take. I'm sort of not too concerned with the suspension of operation of a marginal mill ooperation - except that any T/A analyst would be screaming that Zinc has hit support and is heading for a rebound now, problem is - if you've wasted your dough on R & D thinking that everything is all rosie without protecting your downside with hedging and considering the potential withdrawal of your mining partner and having an appropriate strategy in place to address this then you can't ride out the tought times. I think someone mentioned that they'd personally blown $150k on this share - geez what a tough pos - can't stress that risk management term enough can you? Not sure how much squirming Sammut is doing now but can't wait to see this mysterious major positive announcement; more now for the entertainment than any recovery in the SP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.015(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $93.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 51.0¢ 48.0¢ $154.9K 312.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4081 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 98700 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.