SPL 9.20% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

We're getting a bit off topic here, but I'll bite...Seeing as...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26

We're getting a bit off topic here, but I'll bite...

Seeing as how most of the accidental poisonings seem to be with children, perhaps they would be better off legislating it taste bad.

The panadol syrup the children get is ridiculously sweet and is a temptation for some kids, they even sell it in different flavours so you can get the one your child likes best. The kids think it's great.

We had a close call with my youngest and a bottle of the stuff. Found her with a half-empty bottle and raced to emergency. Luckily it turned out she hadn't had any, was just "playing doctors". We had left the bottle on a chest of drawers and she had found a way to climb up it.

It's a lot easier for parents that kids enjoy the taste. But knowing the risks (and in hindsight) I'd rather that they dread the sight of the bottle and only want it when they actually need it.

As for selling smaller doses:
    I'd be interested to see how small they are going to make the syrup bottles to try to fix that one.

I'm no doctor, but those bottles are for dosing children from about 10kg to about 40kg.
    I'm guessing what might amount to a few standard doses for a 40kg child is in overdose territory for a 10kg child.

How small will they have to make the bottle to stop that? Single doses sold separately?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.008(9.20%)
Mkt cap ! $39.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.0¢ 9.5¢ 8.8¢ $334.2K 3.710M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 50354 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 22908 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.