SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

My interest in this area is because experience in other mineral...

1. 205 Posts.
    My interest in this area is because experience in other mineral fields shows that the first discovery is not usually the only one, and nor is it necessarily the best.

A new discovery such as Nova changes the way that what was previously thought to be unprospective ground is now seen. It will take some time to fully understand the nature of the mineralisation, the controls for it, and the settings that are likely to host further deposits. Mark Creasy and SIR are probably ahead of the game in developing those understandings, and since they hold a lot of ground, it is likely that their chances of further discoveries are as good as anybodies.

There is a long way to run on the unfolding exploration play here. It will take time for the various tenement holders to look at their ground through new eyes, and undertake the work required to locate further mineralisation.

An aspect that interests me is that if you look at GORs maps showing the 5 NW trending "Belts" hosting most of WA's gold mineralisation (Southern Cross Belt 10moz, Kalgoorlie-Norseman 120moz, Leonora 12moz, Laverton 25moz and Yamarna ?)the junction of the southern extension of the Kalgoorlie-Norseman belt and the Fraser Range Mobile belt lies to the SSE of Norseman, somewhere near the Dundas Nature Reserve.

My initial faltering steps to use Mineral Titles Online tell me that AngloGold Ashanti and Teck hold tenements in that area. Does anyone have a view on the potential of that ground or other ground trending SW towards Esperance?

And are there any listed juniors who hold ground down that way?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.