ARL 0.00% 85.0¢ ardea resources limited

I recall when I was a student of CFA several years ago - it was...

1. 1,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 537
    I recall when I was a student of CFA several years ago - it was taught to us that Technical Analysis has its roots in investor demographics. E.g one of the most useful and traditional tools of TA is "moving averages" - The roots of moving averages is in the demographics of greed and fear.

I myself never took to technical analysis as I am very much left brained and I always miss the intellectual bit when solely relying on TA - but I do agree with what I had learned in my formative years about investor demographics. The growing number of white hair on me also makes me appreciate there is nuance to this subject and demographics need to be married with other factors likes fundamental analysis and macro factors.

For instance

- People who bought at 70c CR will behave differently if price suddenly goes to $1 but Macro factors signalling long term weakness for Nickel (Sell)
    - People who bought at 70c CR will behave differently if price suddenly goes to $1 but they can see further derisking of Sumitomo partnership (Buy)
    - People who bought at 70c CR will behave differently in absence of any other fundamental or macro considerations (Hold? or Sell some)

In the 3 scenarios above, the left hand side of equation remains same (price going from 70c to $1) but the right hand side is very different. Modern day TA don't differentiate between these scenarios - The momentum, moving averages etc will be lagging indicators and "catch up".

Having said that - I have my respect for good Technical analysts and we have a fair few on HC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $167.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 95.0¢ 78.5¢ $737.5K 852.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 15041 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
80.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 6.43 %)
Open High Low Volume
91.5¢ 92.0¢ 78.5¢ 135352
Last updated 15.58pm 29/04/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.