I've driven several evs now. They are great to drive. In a few...

1. 36,884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

I've driven several evs now.

They are great to drive. In a few short years they have gone from something with many compromises to now something that you could you use daily no problem. Price is still an issue but the trajectory there speaks for itself.

As I have posted previously, I think I'll be buying an ev ( 4wd ute/SUV version ) in about three years time when there's enough choice in the market.
    I'll most probably keep my existing diesel ute ( low ks/good cond ) for infrequent paddock/bush/camping work as I've had it from new and it probably won't be worth a lot then anyway.

I will also be keeping various other petrol cars/motorcycles that I own as they do very little work. They are all just recreational vehicles.

The important point being that I will never buy another new ICE car again. I simply won't need to. I expect the ev available in three years time will have sufficient range and be priced to the point that it simply won't make any sense to buy an ICE car for everyday use.

Those people that aren't fortunate enough to have multiple vehicle choices like me might have to wait a little longer in order to get the right car e.g. a large 4wd SUV family car that does everything including towing.

Diesel and petrol vehicles will be around for a long time yet. But they won't be the mainstream mode of transport for too much longer. That's for sure.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.