LTR 3.83% 95.0¢ liontown resources limited

I've not seen too much "evidence' from you at all thanks mate....

1. 580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    I've not seen too much "evidence' from you at all thanks mate. You seem to follow the same playbook of the orange guy in the US who has been indited for the 4th time, say something outrageous enough time and it becomes its own truth. Much of what you say picks up on some sensational headline and you run with that and repeat is 20, 50, 100 time. Thus, it becomes true (in your mind) and everyone else has just given up because they are bored with the conversation (incl me).

Re your statement on "sovereign risk". You need to go back to school I think. To help you below are some definitions for you to ponder.

Trade Minister Andrew Robb seems to be interpreting sovereign risk as the threat to foreign confidence in doing business with Australia, driven by perceptions of exchange rate uncertainty and potential instability in the Australian economy. This is seen as arising from anything which would prevent the government from implementing its budget measures, willy nilly.

Changes to government regulation which affect the profitability of particular businesses, as in the Renewable Energy Target removal have also entered the broad church of increasing sovereign risk. It may not be wise policy, but to argue that such measures amount to a sovereign risk is drawing a very long bow indeed.

Labelling everything as “sovereign risk” is not a substitute for sensible policy to strengthen Australia’s international position.

Source: https://theconversation.com/what-is-and-isnt-a-sovereign-risk-30612

Sovereign Risk is the risk of default in meeting the debt obligation by a Country. It is the broadest measure of credit risk. It includes country risk, political risk, and transfer risk. It may result from government action against foreign investors resulting in financial loss.

Source: https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/sovereign-risk/

What Is Sovereign Risk?

Sovereign risk is the chance that a national government's treasury or central bank will default on their sovereign debt, or else implement foreign exchange rules or restrictions that will significantly reduce or negate the worth of its forex contracts.

KEY TAKEAWAYS

Sovereign risk is the potential that a nation's government will default on its sovereign debt by failing to meet its interest or principal payments.

Sovereign risk is typically low, but can cause losses for investors in bonds whose issuers are experiencing economic woes leading to a sovereign debt crisis.

Strong central banks can lower the perceived and actual riskiness of government debt, lowering the borrowing costs for those nations in turn.

Sovereign risk can also directly impact forex traders holding contracts that exchange for that nation's currency.

Source: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sovereignrisk.asp

Given the above, I think that we can close out the whole issue of there being sovereign risk in Australia.

I'll leave you to do some research - if you can....

IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.035(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $2.303B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 98.0¢ 91.0¢ $33.31M 35.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 124060 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.5¢ 170420 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.