FAR 1.01% 50.0¢ far limited

"all we have is OPHIR will review the leases up to 60 days after...

1. 149 Posts.
    "all we have is OPHIR will review the leases up to 60 days after the kora well."
    I suspect Ophir's ability to acquire 25% of the Senegal leases and become operator is conditional on the success of Kora. If Kora is successful then Ophir has "payed" for it's share. If Kora is a duster then Ophir will not have "payed" for the 25%. The 60 days would be to determine the degree of success so to speak.
    It simply wouldn't make any sense for Ophir to turn down acreage when they have met the conditions to acquire it. Especially considering Ophir is looking at floating for over $1 billion sometime in Q3-Q4 of this year. Cash for Senegal will not be an issue.

Furthermore, Ophir plans to be a "preeminent" African energy company by "Adopting a ?plan for success? approach with capacity to rapidly redeploy drilling resources for follow up and appraisal drilling in the event of a discovery during exploration or appraisal drilling activities."
    http://www.ophirenergy.com/Default.aspx?folder=PageViewer&control=Default&master_id=128&parent_id=128&page_id=218

If that's anything to go by, success at Kora is very likely to kick start a rapid drilling program in AGC Profound. And remember AGC is in the bag regardless of the decree.

Another fact about Ophir.. Remember AP comparing their acreage to Andarko, Tullow etc, beating their chest about 50 000 km2 of acreage, most which is only under application. Ophir has 60 000km2 as of 2010.

Saying "all we have is Ophir.." completely belittles what is an excellent position ME has maneuvered FAR into. Senegal is a "very very hot play" and the only way JV partners will get a piece of the action is playing by FAR's rules. Looking forward to the heat of April 2010 exploding in May 2011.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.005(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.5¢ 50.0¢ $12.37K 24.61K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19418 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 129688 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.