https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronaviru...

1. 8,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/statistics

Daily case data:

Data presented in this report are updated daily where possible but should be considered with caution because they may change.

Daily case counts may vary over time due to ongoing investigations and case review.

Not all cases or active cases have required hospitalisation. To ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained, hospitalisation data has been reported at a state level only.

Queensland’s case numbers include cases who are located in Queensland at the time of notification but normally reside overseas or in another State/Territory in Australia.

Total case numbers include both confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases as per the national case definition. Probable cases are based on serology results as well as clinical and epidemiological criteria and indicates a previous infection. Accordingly, a probable case could be included in the total case numbers but not be reported as a new case in the last 24 hours or as an active case. Probable cases may be recorded as a recovered case, but there may be a lag in this.

Each day, total cases may not equal active plus recovered plus deaths, as information for some cases is still pending and will be updated in due course.

Dear @jopo

I don’t mind being educated on a topic. In part, I think you are correct. The above was from the Qld Government. Probable and confirmed are counted as cases.

However, I think it is advisable to count as probable as it gives a more accurate picture.

Seroconversion I believe is that you may have sufficient antibodies that it able to be detected. Therefore you can identify the antibodies. In addition in a confirmed case it must be a significant rise.

With probable though you have to have antibodies, have a significant illness and also have a reasonable source of infection present.

In the link you provided it was talking about confirmed cases only.

So you are incorrect in saying a suspect case is included it is only confirmed and probable.

If you have a flu or cold it would not be considered suspect unless you were likely to have been infected and have a serious illness. Regardless though it is not counted as a case unless it is confirmed or probable.

A flu or cold would not produce SARS-COV-2 antibodies.

Therefore for the antibodies to be present you must have had contact with the virus.

The difference being it is no longer active, or you don’t have the significant rise in antibodies, but you have some, a significant illness and reason to suspect that you have had contact.

I don’t see an issue with including probable to be honest. There would be with suspect. But they aren’t included according to Qld Health.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.