SPL 0.00% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

AZ has been busy..., page-3

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 447
    Interesting. At the AGM, Jackie Fairly had SPL's expected revenue from AZD0466 at $450m, and then said that this is shaping up to be a underestimation as the market had grown considerably. So that one drug alone has got to worth $1b minimum (for the life of the drug.) Given the pipeline of drugs, and optionality of DEP, not to mention VivaGel, the patent cliff and all of the other advantages to big Pharma who are now throwing money at small innovative biotechs in order to preserve or take market share from each other, I reckon SPL has got to be worth $20b. It's only a matter of time before one of the partnered pharmas are going to have to pay that out to SPL one way or another anyway, why not just buy the whole lot? VivaGel may be the catalyst with its guaranteed revenue and global reach, but I also feel like the price is being manipulated to prime for a low ball offer. On the other hand, I think SPL are playing games behind the scenes in order to prevent this and pit any interested parties against each other. Maybe it just needs a spark. It could be that they are doing too great a job at keeping the wolves at bay and that any pharma knows they are going to have to fork out a lot of money and fight a long war to buy out SPL for what is still relatively early technology and no revenue (pending VivaGel.) I just hope SPL don't do such a great job of that somebody else develops a better alternative at a cheaper price. As much as I would like to enjoy the journey and watch SPL turn into the next CSL, I would also not mind having the money on the table now rather than wait ten years for it, because there are many more opportunities around and so much of my dough is tied up in SPL at the moment. I was planning on increasing my VLA shares with the SPL revenue. I just got it the wrong way around! Oh well, I don't mind as long as SPL comes through with the goods. Hopefully the bigger M&A war which is now emerging in the global pharma industry will force somebody's hand sooner than later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.5¢ 9.6¢ $210.8K 2.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30408 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 3523 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.