A2M 0.31% $6.35 the a2 milk company limited

back over 7 this week and never going back under, page-110

1. 4,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 699
    Why would I care? I don't care, at least not for a2m. However keeping track of shorts is a part of investing. Especially when your held company is 9th top shorted stock on the ASX and is sitting in a vulnerable position... Why wouldn't you care is the better question.

You could give me broker data to show net buyers... however for all you know that buying has been to lend out shorts - and the tag team duo CBA/MUFG seem to have their mitts all over this - i'm well aware of their M.O and this seems to be one of their current targets, like it or not.

Completely disagree that shorts aren't "more intelligent" than longs - for the most part they are not only more sophisticated, on the whole they do better due diligence digging into every nook and cranny looking for weakness to exploit and due to the inherent risks of unlimited downside and being squeezed they are far more committed to their positions and even actively defend them - after all these are the types with access to algo bots to suppress price and play games.

As for "when the time comes that a2m begins to announce upgrades to forecasts" well as I said in my first post, I don't have much of a sentiment here however you better believe that a large chunk of the shares here - and increasing - are betting against that, and judging by the last 3 or is it 4 downgrades in a row and all the other macro and political events going on that they likely see more coming.

One thing we agree on is that eventually they do have to buy them back and that can support or pump the price - the question is what is their target price and will they be forced to cover quickly or have retail capitulation dump into them?

Don't ignore the shorts is the takeaway intended here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.